"Ride with Pride" with U of M License Plates
The University of Michigan alumni clubs serving D.C., Maryland and Virginia have successfully arranged for official collegiate license plates for their jurisdictions. Show off your school spirit wherever your travels take you with these plates! Please follow the instructions below to obtain yours. To get each license plate, we ask alums make a $25 contribution to our scholarship fund.
- Have with you ALL FOUR of the following items:
- Organizational Vehicle Tag Member Authorization Letter
- Valid Identification of the Registered Owner(s) (DC driver's license)
- Existing Vehicle Tags
- The DMV one-time fees for application ($100) and tag replacement ($25, though word is they are not charging for this)
- Visit the DMV's Southwest Service Center located at 95 M Street, SW (you can get your tag from any counter)
Please note that the DMV requires the Authorization Letter be filled out and presented to get the plates.
The Maryland plate is available for Michigan alumni and only from our Club.
The Virginia plate is available for online ordering here.
You can also purchase the plate in person at any DMV location.