Be More Involved:
We are a Club of volunteers and it is our fellow alumni, friends, and fans who make these and other events happen. If you have a little time and want to meet others who like to cheer the maize & blue, either in the classroom or on the field of play, please volunteer to plan and/or assist an event or two!
We usually limit the meeting time (unless you want to meet for an adult beverage or cup of joe), but have a good time while attending and executing our events. Just drop an email to email@example.com, let us know what interests you, and we will make good use of your time and talent.
Committees & Project Leaders
The U of M Club of Grand Traverse focuses on five key areas, with several activities and projects taking place throughout the year. Suggestions and participation are most welcome! We encourage involvement at any time and at any capacity. If you are interested in joining a committee or project group, please contact the club leaders below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Service Team (contact Katrina Fritz)
- Regional volunteer opportunities, held throughout the year
- Student Support Team
- University Support Team
- Traverse City Film Festival (contact Ellen Fivenson)
- Lifelong Learning programs
- University Requests/Projects in Northern Michigan (contact Deward Knapp)
- Social Team
- UM vs. MSU Polo Match (contact Deward Knapp)
- Holiday Happy Hour (chair - Kim Marian)
- Football Ticket Block Program (chair - Kim Marian)
- Alumni Band (chair - Pete Deneen)
- National Cherry Festival Float (looking for volunteers! contact Deward Knapp)
- Family Picnic
- Game Watch Gatherings (looking for volunteers!)
- Communications Team (contact - Mark VanderKlipp)
- Web, PR, Social Media, Database, Historian