The U of M Club of Greater Chicago is comprised of more than 25,000 U-M alumni living in the Chicago area. We host a diverse calendar of social, educational, professional, cultural, athletic, and community service events and programs throughout the year designed to bring the Maize & Blue spirit to Chicago and give you the opportunity to share your U-M pride with other local alumni. Proceeds from certain of these events fund UMCGC's scholarship program, which benefits current and future U-M students from the Chicago area. Over the past few years, the club has received numerous awards, including being honored as the Alumni Association's Outstanding Metro Club of the Year.
Below are some examples of the wide variety of programs and activities UMCGC sponsors:
- Frequent and timely career and networking events, including periodic Wolverines In The Workplace panel discussions featuring prominent alumni professionals speaking on careers in specific industries; Wolverines After Work happy hours for young alumni professionals; and power networking breakfasts.
- Cultural events, including art exhibits, museum tours, theatre outings, classical concerts, and antique fairs.
- Sports-related activities, including intramural sports teams (e.g., softball, volleyball, soccer, flag football); attendance at U-M sporting events in the Chicagoland area (e.g., the football, basketball, and baseball teams' games at Northwestern last year) and at pro sporting events (e.g., Chicago Cubs, White Sox, and Fire games); and U-M game-watching parties at any of our local sponsor bars.
- Community service and philanthropic events, including volunteering at local non-profits such as the Greater Chicago Food Depository, Ronald McDonald House Charities, and the Chicago Youth Alliance.
- Family-oriented events hosted in the city and/or suburbs, such as a trip to a pumpkin patch, YSA Field day, and other activities your whole family can enjoy together.
- Multiple other social events, including events designed specifically for new U-M students and recent U-M graduates.
If you would like to help organize an event for our club, please email email@example.com.
Click here to download a copy of our club's current Chicago raffle license (PDF).
Click here to download a copy a letter regarding our club's tax-exempt status (PDF).